Skip to content

Transfer Students

If you are currently enrolled in a university or college and planning to transfer to UWA, we would love to help you with this transition process. Here at UWA, we want to make the admissions process as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions about the admissions process, please contact Victoria XM Smith via phone at (205) 652-3879 or by email
Please note the following deadlines for application document submission:
   - Fall Semester: July 1st
   - Spring Semester: October 15th
   - Summer Semester: April 1st

During the admission process, please note that we reserve the right of requesting all official documents at any point.

To begin the application process, please click here
Undergraduate Students: We offer various scholarships to help you pursue your undergraduate dream, including those exclusively for international students, as well as general UWA academic and leadership scholarships. For more information about scholarships available to undergraduate student, please visit the following website

Graduate Students: UWA International Programs offers two scholarships graduate students may apply for:
   - Language Score Scholarship
   - Exceptional International Graduate Student Scholarship

For more information about the scholarships that the Office of International Programs offers, and to download the 2021-2022 information packet, please click here
As part of your admission application, you must submit a New Transfer Student Initial I-20 Request. In this request, you will be asked to upload a series of documents. Those documents are as follows:

   - Entrance Exam Scores: ACT: 19 or above. New SAT: 980 or above. Transfer students with less than 24 transferable credit
     hours (at least 12 hours of which meet basic curriculum requirements in their declared degree program) must submit a sufficient
     ACT or SAT test score. If it is deemed that an international transfer student is unable to take one of the above tests in his/her
     home country, the student will be granted admission and required to take a placement test at UWA upon arrival to campus, if all
     other admission requirements have been met. Official test reports need to be mailed to UWA.

   - English Proficiency Tests: We accept seven different types of international recognized standardized tests for English
     proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC*, Cambridge,  GETC-CBT (Japan), PTE and ISE. Official test reports need to be mailed to
     UWA. *TOEIC is only available under prearranged agreements.

  - Transcripts: You must be in good standing and eligible to return to the last institution you attended. For international transfer
    students with less than 24 transferable credit hours, both high school transcripts and college/university transcripts need to be
    submitted to UWA prior to admission; for international transfer students with 24 and over transferable credit hours,
    college/university transcripts need to be submitted to UWA prior to admission. Official transcripts need to be mailed to UWA

  - Evaluation Reports: Freshmen foreign high schools are evaluated in-house at UWA, however, we may require any foreign high
    school certificates and transcripts to be evaluated by a service affiliated with the National Association of Credit Evaluation
    Services (NACES). For a listing of NACES member organizations and their contact information, please visit their website. Official
    evaluation reports need to be mailed to UWA. Please note that Spantran Evaluation gives a special rate to prospective UWA
    students at this link.

   - Copy of Passport: The Passport must be valid with an expiration date of no less than 6 months from the start date of the term.
   - Bank Statement(s): The estimated total expense for the current school year is may be found here. We require recent bank
     statements (issued within 6 months prior to enrollment) to verify the financial support of the applicant.

   - Completed UWA Statement of Financial Support Form: The form may be accessed here. It must be completed by your
     sponsor, indicating his/her willingness to finance your education.

   - Completed UWA Medical History and Immunizations Form: Please review the following website for complete information
     regarding the required immunizations and access to the UWA Medical History and Immunizations Form.

   - Dependent Information: If you will be bringing dependents with you, you will need to complete an Add Dependent request.
     Please note that you must complete one Add Dependent request for each dependent that will accompany you to UWA as an
     F-2. To begin an Add Dependent request, please click here.

To begin a New Transfer Student Initial I-20 Request, please click here. By clicking to begin a New Transfer Student Initial I-20 Request, you will be navigated to a login screen. At the bottom of the login page, you will see a section that discusses how to login. Please see the section for "If you have just been admitted..." and follow the instructions. To login to the Office of International Programs' International Student Portal, you will need to have your UWA credentials. Please refer to the email that you received from the Office of Admissions upon applying to UWA. 

Please note, if you have already started a New Transfer Student Initial I-20 Request DO NOT start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your existing request.

UWA Students at Orientation